It's that time again! Time for another fabulous agent contest. Well, almost--it actually opens next
Claire Anderson-Wheeler is a new agent with Anderson Literary Management. Here's a bit more about her in her own words:
- I read across the gamut, commercial to literary, adult to YA (but no children's/middle grade).
- There are no hard and fast rules, but I'm excited by 1. well-written literary fiction 2. anything with a well-constructed plot
- I have a strong interest in "multi-cultural" or "world fiction", but also stories set closer to home, often focusing on the domestic sphere.
- I enjoy historical and crime fiction
- In non-fiction, my taste runs mainly toward narrative non-fiction and biography
Claire is pretty awesome, right? So now that you know WHO, here's the what.
This contest is open to
and in non-fiction:
You MUST be a follower of this blog to enter.
To submit, please send your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org and formatted as follows:
3-5 Sentence Pitch.
(When I say sentence, don't write a paragraph without punctuation.Write a nice logical sentence. Write four or five of them. Make them make sense and send it off.)
We open to submissions at 9AM
TUESDAY Monday JULY 9TH. We will close the submission window at midnight.
The Writerly Rejects will select the top twenty pitches and forward them on to Claire. Her winner will receive a FULL MANUSCRIPT CRITIQUE!
So polish your pitches and get ready for next week! Oh, and spread the word!! Any questions, ask in the comments.