Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Agent Pitch Contest: Details.

SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION. The submission window is MONDAY JULY 9TH. My bad. N~


It's that time again! Time for another fabulous agent contest. Well, almost--it actually opens next Tuesday Monday, July 9th. But here are the lovely details before then. 

Claire Anderson-Wheeler is a new agent with Anderson Literary Management. Here's a bit more about her in her own words:
  • I read across the gamut, commercial to literary, adult to YA (but no children's/middle grade). 
  • There are no hard and fast rules, but I'm excited by 1. well-written literary fiction 2. anything with a well-constructed plot 
  • I have a strong interest in "multi-cultural" or "world fiction", but also stories set closer to home, often focusing on the domestic sphere. 
  • I enjoy historical and crime fiction 
  • In non-fiction, my taste runs mainly toward narrative non-fiction and biography

Claire is pretty awesome, right? So now that you know WHO, here's the what.

This contest is open to 
Literary Fiction 
Crime 
Commercial Fiction 
Fantasy 
Women's Fiction 
Young Adult 
Multi-Cultural 

and in non-fiction:
Narrative 
Cultural/Social Issues

You MUST be a follower of this blog to enter. 

To submit, please send your entry to writerlyrejects@gmail.com and formatted as follows:

Title:
Your name:
Genre:

3-5 Sentence Pitch. 

(When I say sentence, don't write a paragraph without punctuation.Write a nice logical sentence. Write four or five of them. Make them make sense and send it off.)

We open to submissions at 9AM TUESDAY Monday JULY 9TH. We will close the submission window at midnight. 

The Writerly Rejects will select the top twenty pitches and forward them on to Claire. Her winner will receive a FULL MANUSCRIPT CRITIQUE! 

So polish your pitches and get ready for next week! Oh, and spread the word!! Any questions, ask in the comments. 


26 comments:

  1. Oohhh, I'm excited! Time to touch-up my pitch :) Thanks a ton!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting! Is it 9 am EST?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Thanks for asking, the submission window is from 9am-12midnight EST.

      Delete
  3. Great contest! Since the prize is a critique, does the manuscript need to be complete/submission ready? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does need to be complete. It doesn't need to be perfectly polished, but it should be finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So this contest isn't considering historical fiction, though it's one of her interests? Would young adult historical be considered?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she's open to young adult, so I'd say yes. :)

      Delete
  6. Very exciting. Thanks for the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, really looking forward to entering this. Just one thing though, had a look at calendar and the 9th is a Tuesday. Could you just confirm what day the competition is on? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. M.E. Walsh, yes the date of Tuesday the 9th is correct.

    Auzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Auzy, sorry meant to say that the 9th is a Monday. Can you confirm if the competition is on Monday or Tuesday next week? Many thanks!

      Delete
    2. Sorry M.E. Walsh. Looks like we had a typo there. The contest starts on the 9th, which is in fact Monday.

      thanks for catching that,
      Auzy

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I might be blind, but I'm not seeing HOW to submit an entry. It sounds like we're supposed to email it in, but I don't see an address (again - I might be blind, apologies if that's the case!). Are we supposed to email it or is it a separate post that will go up on Monday where we post the entries in the comments?

    Thanks so much - this sounds like a great contest! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi MarcyKate. The email for submissions is writelyrejects@gmail.com

    Auzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, that's writerlyrejects@gmail.com . Damn auto correct strikes again!

      Auzy

      Delete
  12. She has a strong interest in multi-cultural. That's perfect for me... rather will be in a few months.

    Good luck to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't have anything to submit right now, but it looks like a great contest. Good luck everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay sarahcpilon. Keep coming back. We'll have another contest soon enough. ;)

      Auzy

      Delete
  14. I couldn't any info on when the 20 picks will be announced...do you have a date?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy44. We'll try to have the top pick list posted by Friday

      Auzy

      Delete
  15. Hi everyone! Life without my boyfriend was a real mess for me,What on Earth will i do to thank Dr.Unity for his help? he is wonderful and has a good heart. He is like a God on Earth and i really do not know what to do to thank him for helping me regain my boyfriend love back with his spell. After being in relationship with my boyfriend (Andrew) for 3 years, he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should rather contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that never believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I mailed the spell caster, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before two days, that my ex will return to me before two days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened, that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him, that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem and who is different from all the other ones out there. Anybody could need the help of the spell caster, like of issue of not being able to get pregnant for many years, lotto, his email is: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com or call him on +2348072370762 you can email him if you need his help in your relationship or any other problem like wining lottery your problem can never remain the same again, it will turn a thing of the past in your life..I am Katy Brown by name i live here in Los Angeles, California United States.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello my name is Belinda i want to share my amazing experience with the greatest spell caster Dr irekenagba. my husband was cheating on me and when i found out we had a fight which lead to him filling for a divorce i cried and fell sick when i was searching about love quotes online i saw people talking about him and his great work whose case was similar to mine they left his contact info i contacted him and he told me not to worry that after 24hrs he will cancel the divorce and be back to me after i did everything he asked me to do to my greatest surprise the next day evening it was my husband he knelt down begging me to accept him back,thank you once again Dr irekenagba you are indeed a blessing to me he can also help you contact him on........
    WhatsApp: +2347059630655
    email:doctorirekenagba@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete