Monday, May 13, 2013

Who Is The Right CP For You?




            Picking the right CP isn’t the easiest thing in the world. It’s right up there with getting the right agent for our novels. In my opinion, a good CP will help make our stories better. A great one will allow us to grow. They will be, in essential, our partner in crime.
            For me, I need someone who will tell me that my story is a hot piece pooh that's riddled with flies if it’s necessary. Yeah I may grumble a bit, but I’ll trust them 10x more than the person who tells me I’m brilliant and will have no trouble getting picked up by an agent.
            Now, if I can, I’ll try to get opinions on my stories from other genre writers. I figure that if I can get a semi good response from them, and some really great constructive feedback on how I can make it better, well, then I’ve just achieved something wonderful. If not, and I'm told that the novel need completly rewritten, i'm not going to respond "well it's not your genre'". That's just plain rude.
            Again this is all just how I see things. I’m sure everyone else sees it differently. If so, I’d love to hear it.

            Auzy


No comments:

Post a Comment